An Iridium satellite phone's time settings can be modified any time after March 3, 2015 so that the phone will display the correct date and time.
Settings Changes Needed for Iridium 9555 and Iridium EXTREME Satellite Phones (after March 3, 2015 time re-epoch):
- Dial *#99#2014051114235500#
- Press the green key
- Turn off/on their phone
Settings Changes Needed for Iridium 9500, 9505 and 9505A Satellite Phones (after March 3, 2015 time re-epoch):
From the phone's menu, the extended phone set-up menu must be set to “On” (see page 137 of Iridium 9505A user guide, page 149 of the Iridium 9500 user guide, or page 139 of the Iridium 9505 user guide), then follow these instructions to set time and date:
- Follow the steps in "Getting to Phone Setup..." to get to Set Time and Date, and then press OK to select.
- Press MENU to choose Set Home Time + Date or Set Away Time + Date, and then press OK. You will see Enter Home Time or Enter Away Time and the time currently set.
- Press OK to accept the displayed time.
or Enter the time in 24-hour format, and then press OK. You will see Enter Home Date or Enter Away Time and the date currently set.
- Press OK to accept the displayed date. You will see Completed or
- Enter the date in day (dd)-month(mm)-year(yy) form and then press OK. You will see Completed.
- Press and hold C to exit the menu.
Any customer that is confused about the above instructions can call Outfitter Satellite at 615-889-8833 for additional guidance.