Trackers & Locators
Locate, message or control mobile or fixed assets...
Products (total items: 5)
Overview of Satellite Vehicle Tracking Products:
If you or your business work in remote locations without conventional communications, satellite vehicle tracking is critical for safety. Satellite-based tracking and communication systems can automate safety check-ins and provide geofencing controls to detect vehicles entering or exiting secured areas. If you have a very simple tracking application, off-the-shelf consumer-grade equipment like the Bivy® Stick or the Iridium GO!® are the most affordable. Web-based tracking software is readily available for them. If your application requires customization, like monitoring a custom sensor or speeding violation notification services, third-party developers are available for additional cost and we recommend the SmallTrack or the Iridium Edge®Solar for your application. Either way, the satellite tracking system you need is described below.
The Bivy ® Stick is a low-cost satellite messenger that is lightweight and suitable for off-grid adventurers. It supports texting and location sharing through an easy-to-use smartphone app. In an emergency, the Bivy Stick has an SOS feature that can be engaged through a dedicated button on the Bivy Stick or a virtual button on the smartphone app to alert Global Rescue that you have an emergency. Our Unlimited Planis available in the form of prepaid vouchers with validities as short as 4-weeks or as long as 36 months, and there are never any usage charges.
- Location sharing that uses a simple very easy-to-use app for your smartphone
- Send text messages to phone numbers or email addresses
- Bivy Stick has a US mobile number so your friends can text it from their cell phones
- GPS-enabled SOS feature that uses a dedicated button
- Check-in button sends a preset message and your location
Bivy® Stick with GroupTrackTM
The Bivy Stick is not just for individuals. It can be used to provide messaging and location sharing amongst groups of up to 12 people making it a powerful tool for work crews in remote locations, emergency responders, and groups engaged in outdoor recreational activities. Special group management functions allow an administrator to monitor the connection for an entire team and create multiple groups of up to 12 devices for different teams or work groups. Individual Bivy Stick devices can be moved from one group to another as needed so the only limit is that no more than 12 devices can be active in any single group at one time. GroupTrack is only available on the Premium Plan but if you currently are on the Unlimited Plan, we can arrange a 30-day demonstration. There are never any usage charges regardless of the amount of messaging and location sharing that is performed.
Bivy® Stick for Vehicle Tracking
Bivy Stick also can be used on vehicles. It has a GoPro mounting feature to attach via any standard GoPro mounting accessory (not included). If you want to track a dune buggy or dirt bike or a group of them, the Bivy Stick is a powerful tool.
The Iridium GO!® is a small portable satellite Wi-Fi hotspot. Like the Bivy Stick, it has an SOS feature, a built-in GPS and supports texting. However, the Iridium GO! also is capable of making phone calls. All of this is done using an easy-to-use smartphone app. A wall-mounting bracket and external antenna options are available for mounting it on land vehicles or marine vessels. There is an unlimited-texting postpaid service plan for the Iridium GO! ideal for simple tracking applications. Here are some of its key features:
- The Iridium GO! can be programmed to automatically send location reports in the form of text messages or emails.
- Various third-party web-portal-based tracking software applications are also available for additional cost.
- The Iridium GO! can send and receive text messages and make phone calls to any phone number worldwide using a smartphone app.
- GPS-enabled SOS feature that uses a dedicated button.
The SmallTrack was originally developed for cross-desert dune buggy races and as you might imagine, it consequently has lots of unique features. It is purpose-built for satellite vehicle tracking, and an Ingress Protection Rating of IP67 makes it suitable for use in harsh environments. The SmallTrack uses Short Burst Data (SBD) from the Iridium® Satellite Network so it can operate anywhere on earth. If vehicle power is unavailable, it can run on an embedded battery. Two (2) configurable buttons on the SmallTrack allow the vehicle operator to perform regular safety check-ins or declare an emergency. The SmallTrack also can collect data from third-party sensors connected to external devices such as compressors, pumps, temperature gauges, etc. It can automatically switch between (optional) external antennas and its embedded antennas which can be very useful if the vehicle has crashed and flipped over. Demonstrations of this product and its web portal applications are available. Customization or an API requires the use of developers at additional cost to the buyer.
- Web-portal-based software is available (call for pricing). Alarm notifications can be generated for excessive speed or upon entering or exiting predefined geofence zones. Emergency alarm messages are sent via SMS or email or through the web-based portal so that supervisors can react in seconds. If needed, the SmallTrack's configuration can be changed via commands sent from the web portal software.
- An embedded battery can operate the SmallTrack for at least one week if external vehicle power is unavailable.
- It has embedded Iridium, GPS, and GLONASS antennas but can use an external antenna set.
- It can track continuously at frequencies between 1 second and 24 hours, the SmallTrack can initiate tracking for specified time-slots or when motion is detected by the SmallTrack's embedded accelerometer or when entering or exiting predefined zones.
- SOS feature that uses a dedicated button
Iridium Edge® Solar
The Iridium Edge Solar uses Short-Burst Data (SBD) to provide global coverage that is reliable and relatively independent of terrain or weather. It has an IP68 ingress protection rating and a built-in battery and solar-charging capability. This makes it ideal for year-round tracking or monitoring applications where external power is unavailable. Applications for the Iridium Edge Solar, should be developed by a skilled OEM or equipment integrator.
Stand-alone programmable device suitable for fixed or mobile applications
- Bluetooth capability for wireless sensor integration
- GPS location reporting with start/stop and in-motion capabilities
- Up to 10-Year operational service life expected