For groups of 5 or more.
We rent the Iridium Extreme PTT for periods as short as 4 months (first month pro-rated). Please contact us for a rental quote or more information.
What is Iridium Push-to-Talk (PTT)? Iridium PTT equipment is typically rented by commercial or government organizations because it is designed for groups of workers needing push-to-talk style communications in remote areas where land mobile radio equipment is unsuitable. An Iridium PTT satellite phone can broadcast to all the other Iridium PTT phones within the same talk group. A Small Talk Group is roughly the size of the state of Indiana and can be divided into 5 non-contiguous regions anywhere in the world (excepting the Middle East). For example, you could have part of the talk group in Alaska and another part in Texas. The borders of a talk group can be controlled on-the-fly via a web portal. One Small Talk Group is included free when you activate at least 5 devices. Larger talk groups are available and up to 15 talk groups can be applied to a single account (additional fees apply).
The Iridium Extreme PTT has both Push-to-Talk (PTT) and telephony modes:
- In PTT mode, the Iridium Extreme PTT can switch between up to 15 different talk groups. Unlimited push-to-talk communications are available for a low monthly fee. A web portal allows administrators to instantly adjust the boundaries of any talk group.
- In telephony mode, The Iridium Extreme PTT can be used to make phone calls, send/receive SMS messages and signal a personal emergency (SOS).
Our Iridium Extreme PTT Rental Kit includes the following:
- Iridium Extreme PTT Satellite Phone
- AC charger with 5-piece international plug kit
- Magnetic-mount car antenna with 1.5 meter cable and antenna adapter
- USB-power adapter
- USB to Mini-USB data cable for charging
- DC "car" charger
- Hands-free earpiece
- User Guide and Quick Start Guide
- Belt Holster
- Padded Soft case with carry strap
Other PTT equipment available for purchase:
- Interoperability equipment to allow land mobile radio talk groups to interoperate with Iridium PTT talk groups
- Docking stations and external antenna kits for use within buildings or vehicles
Rental and Service Options: The minimum number of Iridium PTT devices is 5. If you are an existing Outfitter Satellite customer, with an active Iridium PTT account, we will rent a single Iridium Extreme PTT handset (see hardware rental charges below). In addition to the hardware rental charge, the customer is responsible to activate service. Plan A has a 3-month term and is suitable for short duration requirements. Plan B has a 12-month term but a much lower monthly fee (see service plan pricing below).