If you need PC-based email over your Iridium, Outfitter Satellite recommends that you purchase an AxcessPoint. Another choice that is FREE is the popular Vizada SkyFile Mail 8.2 software (only available on selected plans). SkyFile Mail provides reliable and cost-effective two-way email, fax and SMS messaging on Inmarsat, Iridium, and Thuraya (though it is not available on Thuraya prepaid SIMs).
Vizada has just rolled out a new more powerful version of SkyFile. To differentiate the two versions, Vizada is now naming the free version SkyFile Mail Classic and the new version SkyFile Mail Premium. The new Premium version is not free but if offers powerful features for business users at a competitive rate.
Key benefits of SkyFile Mail Premium over Classic:
- Works with some popular email clients like Microsoft Outlook
- An automatic notification push feature allows emails to be delivered immediately without manual actions
- Access over non-satellite connections (3G, WiFi, etc.)
- SMS up to 1500 characters
- Advanced call detail viewer & split billing file
- Quarantine file for suspicious emails
Key benefits SkyFile Mail Classic & Premium
- Ensures reliable and secure messaging
- Compresses data by up to 90%, significantly reducing connection time
- The integrated BDU access command allows users to automatically start/stop the IP-session from SkyFile Mail
- API allows 3rd part application access, e.g. ship management applications
- Enhanced supervision of sub accounts
- SkyFile works on any desktop PC. Provides highly effective anti-virus, anti-spam filter and black & white lists. SkyFile Mail can use Iridium Rudics to boost connection quality and bandwidth, reducing connection time by more than 50% (Iridium Prepaid does not have Rudics but many of Outfitter Satellite's postpaid plans do). SkyFile NOAD enables to create and transmit electronic forms required by the U.S. Coast Guard. Call us for more information.