Store Hours: Our regular business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Central Standard Time. From June 1 through September 30, we extend our regular hours to 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. We are closed on weekends and major national holidays.
Technical Support is available 24/7: During non-business hours call 615-889-8833 and press 7. A support technician will typically respond within 2 hours. Urgent prepaid account reloads outside of our regular business hours are processed by technical support.
We have a 30-Day Limited Return Policy: Except for custom orders or volume discount orders, new phone equipment returned within 30 days of purchase and found to be unused and in good condition and in the original packaging will be accepted for return with a 20% restocking fee.
About Outfitter Satellite: We are a family-owned small business in Nashville Tennessee founded in 1995. We have one the largest Iridium and Inmarsat satellite phone rental programs in the United States, and we are committed to the simple principle of providing all of our clients with cutting-edge satellite phones and world-class 24/7 technical support. As a Marlink Elite Partner, we offer a powerful array of value-added services and expertise.
Join our many satisfied clients.
- "We would like to thank you for the working equipment. There were many other media in Afghanistan ... that were not able to use their equipment consistently as our photographer was."
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- "Lisa Smith-Batchen and her crew used an Iridium Satellite Phone supplied by Outfitter Satellite during their recent 302 mile run from Las Vegas to the summit of Mt Whitney...an essential piece of equipment for our passage through Death Valley..."
- Lisa Smith-Batchen
- "I have been blessed to hunt in some the world’s great wilderness. When I shot this Grizzly in Alaska we flew into a base camp on a lake on top of a mountain and hiked down into a valley salmon steam. The only way I could stay in touch with the office was with my Iridium phone from Outfitter Satellite."
- Bill Snodgrass ("Remember The Hunt" TV Host)
- "Outfitter satellite has been our satellite phone provider for the past 2 years. Last year we were able to communicate with students back in the United States, send field journal updates and send daily photos from the field in Bolivia where scientists were studying one of the highest lakes on Earth (19,600 feet). This year, the folks at Outfitter Satellite provided us with 2 Nera World Communicator sat phones and a Talking Head videophone unit. Their assistance allowed the scientific team to again communicate with students not only with field updates and photos, but for a live webcast as well. Through using the satellite phones and videophone unit, students from a rural school in Northern California were able to talk personally with scientists in the field and ask them questions about their expedition. This webcast changed many students that day, and encouraged them to push their limits of knowledge. They observed real science as it was happening, from thousands of miles away! To offer this type of learning experience would have never happened if it weren't for the folks at Outfitter Satellite. Because of their hard work and dedication, students around the world participated in cutting edge science without leaving the safety of their classroom. Thank you!"
- Brian Grigsby (Coordinator of Science Programs for Shasta County)
- "Outfitter Satellite has been very responsive to our needs and we deeply appreciate their support of TX5C and the ham community...This support will enable our French team to make video conference calls with two schools in France that are following the dxpedition to Clipperton that would not be possible without this sponsorship. We are also planning a webcam that will stream live images during the dxpedition, frequent uploads of new images from the island, as well as being able to watch the clusters and receive email so that we can be as responsive as we can to the needs of the dx community,” "
- Steve Hammer (K6SGH, webmaster and team member for TX5C, DXpedition to Clipperton Atoll)
First Commercial Activation of an IsatPhone in 2010
On June 30, 2010, Outfitter Satellite received the first commercial shipment of IsatPhone PRO phones from Stratos Global. Then, Outfitter Satellite had the privilege of activating the world's first commercial Inmarsat Global Satellite Phone Services (GSPS) SIM card at approximately 7 pm CST. Outfitter Satellite Founder & President Jim McKinley said, “It is a privilege to help Stratos manage the world’s first IsatPhone Pro activation. The new service will provide our customers with reliable, high-quality voice connectivity in the most remote locations – to help ensure optimal productivity and safety. Moreover, The Stratos Advantage applications will help make the IsatPhone Pro easy to use and efficient to own.” Jim McKinley (on right) and Andrea Cortese of Stratos Global made the first commercial GSPS call shortly after 7 pm CST (see photo). Inmarsat GSPS uses the latest-generation Inmarsat-4 (I-4) satellites, which are among the largest and most advanced communications satellites ever built. These satellites were designed and optimized to deliver high-quality and dependable IP data communications. They are expected to operate well into the 2020s. Outfitter Satellite's first acttive SIM card will be deployed by the Colorado Division of Emergency Management (CDEM). Outfitter Satellite has previously emphasized Iridium products to emergency response organizations such as CDEM that need mobile satellite voice capabilities. The much lower hardware and service costs associated with the IsatPhone PRO make it a powerful alternative choice in the future. GSPS products can make calls to Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) terminals at much lower cost than is possible using Iridium phones. Thus emergency response field workers now have the twin benefits of a small Inmarsat mobile handset for personal voice communication and Inmarsat BGAN terminals for highly portable broadband internet requirements.