Effective August 25, 2016, the following terminals should be considered for firmware upgrade.
- Hughes 9502 M2M firmware version 184.108.40.206 is a recommended firmware upgrade that includes MEAS satellite region support, an improved Web MMI, and NAPT Mode. New firmware can be downloaded using an over-the-air download from the Inmarsat BGAN M2M upgrade server or from the Inmarsat website.
- Cobham EXPLORER 510 Land Portable firmware release version 1.03 is a recommended firmware upgrade with bug fixes. It can be downloaded from the Inmarsat website.
- Cobham EXPLORER 710 Land Portable firmware release version 1.07 is a medium priority firmware upgrade with bug fixes. It can be downloaded from the Inmarsat website.
- Cobham EXPLORER 325 and EXPLORER 727 Land Mobile firmware release version 1.24 is a recommended upgrade that includes Cisco NSD support and bug fixes. It can be downloaded from the Inmarsat website.
- Cobham FleetOne, SAILOR 150, SAILOR 250, SAILOR 500 FleetBroadband firmware release version 1.24 is a recommended upgrade that can be downloaded at the Inmarsat website.
So, if you are an Outfitter Satellite customer and need assistance performing a firmware upgrade, please contact us at 615-889-8833 (U.S. number).
Cobham EXPLORER 510:
The EXPLORER 510 is one of the most popular BGAN terminals. It can be configured for automatic context activation. This means that as soon as the terminal is registered on the Inmarsat network a new Standard IP data session will be initiated automatically. For example, this is particularly useful if an Optimizer Wi-Fi hotspot is connect to the EXPLORER 510. At that point, all traffic from your computer, smartphone, or tablet that does not originate from XGate software is blocked by the Optimizer. XGate is free with an active BGAN service subscription from Outfitter Satellite. XGate provides excellent data compression for email and web browsing. Please call us for more information on the Cobham EXPLORER 510 and other BGAN terminal models.
*The information in this article was accurate at the time it was written in August 2016. All prices terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.