On March 3, 2015 Iridium changed the system time count used by its network. This is called a re-epoch. After a re-epoch happens, users of Iridium phones must reset the system time configured in their Iridium phone. Until they do this, the phone will display the wrong time.
This article gives the instructions for reseting the following phone models: Iridium 9575, Iridium 9555, Iridium 9505a, Iridium 9505, and the Iridium 9500. The Iridium GO! should not be impacted by the re-epoch.
How to Reset the System Time on Your Iridium 9575 or Iridium 9555:
- Dial *#99#2014051114235500#
- Press the green key
- Power cycle the phone
How to Reset the System Time on Iridium 9500, 9505 and the 9505a:
- Follow the steps in "Getting to Phone Setup..." to get to "Set Time and Date," and then press OK to select.
- Press MENU to choose "Set Home Time + Date" or "Set Away Time + Date," and then press OK. You will see "Enter Home Time or Enter Away Time" and the time currently set.
- Press OK to accept the displayed time. or
- Enter the time in 24-hour format, and then press OK. You will see "Enter Home Date or Enter Away Time" and the date currently set.
- Press OK to accept the displayed date. You will see "Completed." or
- Enter the date in day(dd)-month(mm)-year(yy) form and then press OK. You will see "Completed."
- Press and hold C to exit the menu.
If you need assistance, please contact us at 615-889-8833.