The Iridium Edge® Solar is a standalone and programmable, solar-powered Short Burst Data (SBD®) device that offers real-time GPS tracking and local wireless sensor and communication capabilities over Bluetooth. The productâ€™s self charging, low maintenance, long field life and over-the-air configuration allow Iridium Value-Added Resellers to create distinct tracking applications that can also be implemented to create even more complex solutions.
- HIGHLY MOBILE: The Iridium satellite network provides communications and connectivity for mobile applications like oil and gas, transportation, agriculture and surface mining anywhere on the planet, allowing tracking and monitoring of vehicles and assets operating in remote areas
- RELIABLE COVERAGE: Devices using the Iridium satellite network are enabled by a constellation of 66 Low-Earth Orbit (LEO) mobile satellites that provide service anywhere on the planet
- LOW LATENCY: The Iridium satellites in LEO (~800 km) enable signals to travel in 1/40 the time compared to geostationary satellites (36,000 km) resulting in low-latency, always-on connections ideal for Internet of Things (IOT) deployments
- Bluetooth capability for wireless sensor integration and local device connectivity Over-the-Air Configuration Changes
- Interval and Scheduled Reporting Modes
- Start/Stop Reporting/In Motion Reporting
- Fully Encapsulated, No External Connectors, Water Ingress Protected Accelerometer and Magnetometer
- LED Status Indicator
- Photovoltaic Solar Cells, Rechargeable and Primary Batteries Smart Power Management System
- Up to 3-year Shelf Life
- Up to 10-Year Operational Service Life
- Back-up battery capacity provides 2x per day reporting for up to 5 years with no solar availability
: An Iridium SBD service agreement must be activated on the device before it can be used. Please call Outfitter Satellite for more information on Iridium SBD service plans.