Posted by David Greer on 4/25/2019 to
Iridium 9575 Extreme
Up-to-date firmware is critical to any electronic device's functionality. Iridium has released firmware upgrades for many of their handset models. While some of these upgrades are optional, we recommend moving to the latest firmware to ensure your device functions as the manufacturer intends. See below for your model of phone and exactly what you need to do to keep up-to-date. ALSO NOTE: These new versions of firmware are not recommended for SOME of the versions of the particular handsets below. See the release notes in the firmware zip file and confirm, by the release version number on label (underneath the battery of the phone) that your particular device is compatible with this version of firmware. Upgrading to this version on a device that is not recommended for could do DAMAGE to your device.
- New Version: HT18001
- Mandatory for Functionality? No, but recommended
- Download Link: 9555 Upgrade Tool
Iridium 9575 Extreme
Iridium 9575 Push-to-Talk
Important Items to Remember When Doing Firmware Upgrades
- Upgrades must be performed on a Windows-based machine (preferably Windows 7). At this time, there is no upgrade solution for Mac OS.
- Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and look for any previous upgrade tools in your programs list. If there are, uninstall the tools and any associated drivers in the list, then do a reboot cycle before installing the new tools and drivers.
- The process must be completed uninterrupted. If the process is interrupted for any reason, the phone could be left non-functional. Be sure to plug the phone into AC power while performing the upgrade to ensure consistent power throughout the update process.
- Follow the enclosed instructions for each upgrade located in the download folder.
- The phone will display various messages throughout the upgrade, and may even go completely blank as if it is powered off. DO NOT interrupt the process, even if this is what you see. Wait until the upgrade tool tells you it is complete.
What If This is Just a Bit Too Technical?
While this process is straightforward with the enclosed instructions, some users may feel more comfortable allowing us to perform the firmware upgrade on your device. Outfitter Satellite provides this service for a nominal fee. Click this link to go to our RMA return form and send your device to us for fast and easy upgrades.